Moving forward in any and everything requires a certain determination that we’ve all experienced at some point in our lives. There will always be plenty of reasons to want to quit, give in, or give up but in the back of our minds we have to literally remind ourselves that quitting is not an option. When asked “Are you ok?” The best answer is “I have to be,” and that’s because you do. You have to be ok for those who love you and most importantly for yourself.
Nine times out of ten, you've already overcome more than you thought would ever be possible so you owe it to yourself and to those who are motivated by you to just keep going.
The phrase "Keep going" is commonly used but the "How" is rarely explained. Here's a little logic that may aid in your understanding. In order to will yourself to keep going, you have to have an internal motivation that's driven by a goal to give you direction and a plan to follow to center your focus. Each day that you're focused on your goal, you'll naturally want to keep moving forward to achieve it. Try these tips daily to develop your lifestyle for forward movement.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Set obtainable goals that can be achieved in the near future.
- Set long term goals that may be out of reach at the current time to give you more to look forward to for a longer period of time.
- Do something everyday that supports both categories of goals.
- Acknowledge when you feel yourself loosing sight of your goals so you can quickly get back in line and focused.
- Avoid idle time. Whatever you do, try not to sit still for too long. The idle time creates counterproductive thoughts that may cause you to feel that you've accomplished less than what you actually have.
- Take it one day at a time. You were not designed to have it all figured out in a day, some great things truly take a lifetime.
In the meantime be kind, be patient, and most of all be TRUE to yourself.